When designing a home, whether that is in a development or a custom home, we at Devoted Builders like to think about a homeowner’s needs today as well as down the road. A young couple lives very differently in their home than a couple with kids, a family with teenagers, or empty nesters who have guests periodically. Continue reading “Flex Spaces: Solutions for Your Home Today and Tomorrow!”
The team at Devoted Builder’s is always at work brainstorming and researching new and fresh ideas for home building in Tri-Cities. A handful of things we are looking forward to in 2015 include:
1. One level home designs with no steps or stairs at all. Including all entries, showers, patios and walk ways. Why have a one level home that you have to climb stairs to get into?
2. Finnish work that is less trendy and more sustaining of design changes like stain grade wood trim packages that allow for custom stain color match and also wear far better than paint grade trim packages.
3. Wood Laminate flooring. Not only does it typically cost less than hard wood it is often much more durable and holds up to pets and other high traffic elements without sanding, staining and sealing in future years. And the selection! Boy this is one you can really have fun with.
4. Third garage bays that allow for RV or Boat parking both in height and depth. Keep your babies at home with you, out of the elements.
5. Separate living areas. We have seen a big turn away from separate living and dining areas with the emphasis on one great room and that is predicted to continue for many years. We find it nice to have a balance. Spaces where multiple people can enjoy their time in separate areas. Think beyond the “man cave” the office or the family room.
Devoted Builder’s is excited for this new year! For home building options, information and pricing call us at 509-947-5670 or visit us online at www.devoteddreamhomes.com.