It’s hard to believe that we are nearly at complete build out in our largest project to date, located in Pasco WA, the Mediterranean Villas Townhome community. 225 townhomes on 30 acres was quite the feat, but the process has certainly been worth it.
The community was well received from the start in 2002 and today the final few homes are under construction. What started as desert-scape and sand dunes has become a project our family business team is proud of, but more importantly thankful for. Continue reading “Final Build Out Under Way at Mediterranean Villas, Pasco WA”
If you are planning on putting your home on the market, or have purchased a home in the last year, you may want to consider getting your air conditioning unit serviced now rather than waiting.
As the calendar moves from spring to summer, the air conditioner, whether you have a heat pump, swamp cooler, or some other type of cooling unit, will be in-demand in the coming months. So why act preventively? There are two important reasons: Continue reading “Summer Air Conditioner Maintenance”
Devoted Builder’s really enjoyed working with these great home owners in Pasco WA. The couple owned their own lot and we orchestrated the hook up of all infrastructure including, electrical, water and an engineered septic system. The owners provided us with a rough plan they had drawn and from there it was fine tuned with our designer. The home is built on a crawl space, with no steps or stairs to enter or exit the home. The owners chose traditional yet contemporary finishes including durable wood laminate flooring, quartz counter tops, beech wood cabinets and ceramic tile. For questions or to get an estimate to build a home on your own land/lot in or around the Richland, Kennewick or Pasco, WA area, call Jennifer at 509-947-5670 or Jessica at 509-947-2230. Continue reading “Newest Custom Home. Rambler with Shop in Pasco WA”
According to the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), market conditions point to a higher demand for remodeling in the coming months. The NAHB produces their Remodeling Market Index which measures remodeling activity in homes: calls for bids, amount of work committed for the next three months, backlog of jobs and appointments for proposals. The RMI hit an all-time high of 60 in the last quarter of 2014. Continue reading “Should I Stay or Should I Go? – The Pros and Cons of Renovating”
The team at Devoted Builder’s is always at work brainstorming and researching new and fresh ideas for home building in Tri-Cities. A handful of things we are looking forward to in 2015 include:
1. One level home designs with no steps or stairs at all. Including all entries, showers, patios and walk ways. Why have a one level home that you have to climb stairs to get into?
2. Finnish work that is less trendy and more sustaining of design changes like stain grade wood trim packages that allow for custom stain color match and also wear far better than paint grade trim packages.
3. Wood Laminate flooring. Not only does it typically cost less than hard wood it is often much more durable and holds up to pets and other high traffic elements without sanding, staining and sealing in future years. And the selection! Boy this is one you can really have fun with.
4. Third garage bays that allow for RV or Boat parking both in height and depth. Keep your babies at home with you, out of the elements.
5. Separate living areas. We have seen a big turn away from separate living and dining areas with the emphasis on one great room and that is predicted to continue for many years. We find it nice to have a balance. Spaces where multiple people can enjoy their time in separate areas. Think beyond the “man cave” the office or the family room.
Devoted Builder’s is excited for this new year! For home building options, information and pricing call us at 509-947-5670 or visit us online at www.devoteddreamhomes.com.
You might have heard the term ENERGY STAR® in the context of new home construction and assumed the reference was regarding the appliances or lighting. However, did you know that some builders who are focused on developing more energy-efficient building science are building entire homes that carry the ENERGY STAR® seal of approval? These homes are built to standards which well exceed other homes on the market today. Typically, these homes are more than 30% more energy efficient as compared to an average new home.
In the Tri-Cities, there are 17 ENERGY STAR® “Builder Partners” – builders who are committed to building at least one new ENERGY STAR® certified home every 12 months. Devoted Builders is pleased to be one of those few builders and to have built 79 of the 893 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in the Tri-Cities.
According to the ENERGY STAR® website, www.energystar.gov, ENERGY STAR® certified homes built in 2011 are the equivalent of:
- Eliminating emissions from 117 vehicles
- Saving 705,432 lbs of coal
- Planting 193 acres of trees
- Saving the environment 1,383,494 pounds of CO2
So what does it take to become an ENERGY STAR® certified home?
- Specialty Engineering: The engineering of new home systems including heating and cooling, foundation and wall construction undergo scrutiny up front to make the most out of energy efficient advances before the foundation is even poured! ENERGY STAR® building science includes:
- Complete thermal enclosure system – an air-tight envelope!
- Complete heating and cooling system – more comfortable, great air quality, and quiet operation!
- Complete water management system – both indoors and out!
- Energy-efficient lighting and appliances – of course!
- Climate-Specific Recommendations: ENERGY STAR® builder partners work with a ENERGY STAR® Home Energy Rater to determine the specific energy-saving techniques and features that are most effective for each climate. For example, an area whose climate is subject to severe winds (such as ours) would require a different climate-specific energy-saving solution than one that doesn’t have a wind challenge, but extreme temperature extremes.
- Extensive Inspections: To verify ENERGY STAR® homes meet the stringent energy efficiency requirements, Home Energy Raters conduct inspections of the homes which include a blower door test to check for an air-tight seal, duct blaster test to check for duct leakage, and a wide range of other parameters.
If you have been thinking about shrinking your carbon footprint – or just want a home with cleaner air and lower utility bills, an ENERGY STAR® home may be just what you are looking for.
Come and see the almost-complete newest ENERGY STAR® certified home in Mediterranean Villas (and learn how I.C.F. Construction is paving the way in exciting energy advancements) or come and talk with Devoted Builders and Jessica Johnson and Jennifer Cowgill with Referred Real Estate, as we can help you find the perfect lot for your custom-built ENERGY STAR® certified home. So whether you fancy a hip urban contemporary pad or a historic-feeling home in the woods, we are a perfect match for your needs. Please give Jessica a call at (509) 947-2230 or Jennifer at (509) 947-5670 to learn more about your options.